1. Which of the following is metal or plastic case that holds all the physical parts of the computer?
B) System unit
Correct Answer: System unit
Explanation : System unit is metal or plastic case that holds all the physical parts of the computer.
2. Communication between a computer and a keyboard involves ........ transmission.
A) half duplex
Correct Answer: simplex
Explanation : Communication between a computer and a keyboard involves simplex transmission.
3. The size of the register is also called ________.
A) word group
B) word limit
C) word size
D) word block
Correct Answer: word size
Explanation : The size of the register is also called word size.
4. If ASCII Code of K is 1001011 than what code for L?
Correct Answer: 01001100
Explanation : The code (ASCII) for L is 01001100.
5. Which type of file not allowed attaching with email?
A) .Zip file
B) .rar files
C) .doc files
D) .exe or .bin files
Correct Answer: .exe or .bin files
Explanation : .exe or .bin files type of file not allowed attaching with email.
6. To be able to boot, the computer must have a (n)
C) operating system
Correct Answer: operating system
Explanation : To be able to boot, the computer must have an operating system. an operating system a group of instructions that tells a computer on how to operate when it is turned ON. It sets up a filing system to store files and tells the computer how to display information on a video display.
7. Which is a shortcut key to insert a new worksheet in MS-Excel?
Correct Answer: Shift+F11
Explanation : Shift+F11 is a shortcut key to insert a new worksheet in MS-Excel.
8. The main job of a CPU is to
A) carry out program instructions
B) store data/information for future use
C) process data and information
D) Both A and C
Correct Answer: Both A and C
Explanation : The main job of a CPU is to carry out program instructions and process data and information.
9. Junk e-mail is also called ......
C) sniffer script
Correct Answer: spam
Explanation : Junk e-mail is also called spam or unwanted e-mail.
10. Which of the following is a correct IP address for localhost?
Correct Answer: 127.0.0.1
Explanation : IP address for localhost is 127.0.0.1
11. In spread sheet, letters are used to represent
Correct Answer: Columns
Explanation : In spread sheet, letters are used to represent Columns and numbers are used to to represent Rows.
12. How many layers are there in TCP/IP model?
Correct Answer: 4
Explanation : TCP/IP Model have 4 layers: Application, Transport, Internet and Network access layer
13. Another name for a pre-programmed formula in Excel is........
Correct Answer: function
Explanation : Another name for a pre-programmed formula in Excel is function .
14. Computers use the …… number system to store data and perform calculations.
Correct Answer: Binary
Explanation : Computers use the binary number system to store data and perform calculations.
15. What is Quick Heal?
Correct Answer: Antivirus
Explanation : Norton, McAfee, Kapersky, AVAST, Comodo, Avira and AVG are examples of Antivirus.