1. Integrated Chips or ICs were started to be use from which generation of computers?
A) 1st Generation
B) 2nd Generation
C) 3rd Generation
D) 4th Generation
Correct Answer: 3rd Generation
Explanation : Integrated Chips or ICs were started to be use from 3rd generation of computers.
2. The main job of a CPU is to
A) carry out program instructions
B) store data/information for future use
C) process data and information
D) Both A and C
Correct Answer: Both A and C
Explanation : The main job of a CPU is to carry out program instructions and process data and information.
3. Junk e-mail is also called ......
C) sniffer script
Correct Answer: spam
Explanation : Junk e-mail is also called spam or unwanted e-mail.
4. Which of the following is a correct IP address for localhost?
Correct Answer: 127.0.0.1
Explanation : IP address for localhost is 127.0.0.1
5. In spread sheet, letters are used to represent
Correct Answer: Columns
Explanation : In spread sheet, letters are used to represent Columns and numbers are used to to represent Rows.
6. How many layers are there in TCP/IP model?
Correct Answer: 4
Explanation : TCP/IP Model have 4 layers: Application, Transport, Internet and Network access layer
7. A client is software that has various graphical capabilities to access information from the Internet.
A) search engine
B) web browser
C) chat client
D) command prompt
Correct Answer: web browser
Explanation : web browser is software that has various graphical capabilities to access information from the Internet.
8. Another name for a pre-programmed formula in Excel is........
Correct Answer: function
Explanation : Another name for a pre-programmed formula in Excel is function .
9. Computers use the …… number system to store data and perform calculations.
Correct Answer: Binary
Explanation : Computers use the binary number system to store data and perform calculations.
10. What is Quick Heal?
Correct Answer: Antivirus
Explanation : Norton, McAfee, Kapersky, AVAST, Comodo, Avira and AVG are examples of Antivirus.
11. Which shortcut key is used to search for a file or a folder?
Correct Answer: F3
Explanation : F3 is used to search for a file or a folder.
12. The smallest unit of information about a record in a database is called a
Correct Answer: field
Explanation : The smallest unit of information about a record in a database is called a field.
13. Which of the following is used to browse Internet?
Correct Answer: Firefox
Explanation : Mozilla Firefox is a browser which is used to browse content
14. Who is the founder of facebook which is currently the No. 1 social networking Website in India?
A) Bill Gates
B) Martin Cooper
C) Mark Zuckerberg
Correct Answer: Mark Zuckerberg
15. What does ctrl+shift+; do in excel?
A) Insert date
B) Insert time
C) Insert image
D) Insert numbers
Correct Answer: Insert time