1. Integrated Chips or ICs were started to be use from which generation of computers?
A) 1st Generation
B) 2nd Generation
C) 3rd Generation
D) 4th Generation
Correct Answer: 3rd Generation
Explanation : Integrated Chips or ICs were started to be use from 3rd generation of computers.
2. A template is a _________.
C) pattern of worksheet
Correct Answer: pattern of worksheet
Explanation : A template is a pattern of worksheet.
3. If ASCII Code of K is 1001011 than what code for L?
Correct Answer: 01001100
Explanation : The code (ASCII) for L is 01001100.
4. Which type of file not allowed attaching with email?
A) .Zip file
B) .rar files
C) .doc files
D) .exe or .bin files
Correct Answer: .exe or .bin files
Explanation : .exe or .bin files type of file not allowed attaching with email.
5. To be able to boot, the computer must have a (n)
C) operating system
Correct Answer: operating system
Explanation : To be able to boot, the computer must have an operating system. an operating system a group of instructions that tells a computer on how to operate when it is turned ON. It sets up a filing system to store files and tells the computer how to display information on a video display.
6. Which is a shortcut key to insert a new worksheet in MS-Excel?
Correct Answer: Shift+F11
Explanation : Shift+F11 is a shortcut key to insert a new worksheet in MS-Excel.
7. The main job of a CPU is to
A) carry out program instructions
B) store data/information for future use
C) process data and information
D) Both A and C
Correct Answer: Both A and C
Explanation : The main job of a CPU is to carry out program instructions and process data and information.
8. Junk e-mail is also called ......
C) sniffer script
Correct Answer: spam
Explanation : Junk e-mail is also called spam or unwanted e-mail.
9. In spread sheet, letters are used to represent
Correct Answer: Columns
Explanation : In spread sheet, letters are used to represent Columns and numbers are used to to represent Rows.
10. How many layers are there in TCP/IP model?
Correct Answer: 4
Explanation : TCP/IP Model have 4 layers: Application, Transport, Internet and Network access layer
11. Computers use the …… number system to store data and perform calculations.
Correct Answer: Binary
Explanation : Computers use the binary number system to store data and perform calculations.
12. What is Quick Heal?
Correct Answer: Antivirus
Explanation : Norton, McAfee, Kapersky, AVAST, Comodo, Avira and AVG are examples of Antivirus.
13. The smallest unit of information about a record in a database is called a
Correct Answer: field
Explanation : The smallest unit of information about a record in a database is called a field.
14. What does ctrl+shift+; do in excel?
A) Insert date
B) Insert time
C) Insert image
D) Insert numbers
Correct Answer: Insert time
15. What is the full form of CD-ROM?
A) Compact Data- Read only memory
B) Compact disk-read only memory
C) Computer data-read only memory
D) Copyright data-read only memory
Correct Answer: Compact disk-read only memory