1. The size of the register is also called ________.
A) word group
B) word limit
C) word size
D) word block
Correct Answer: word size
Explanation : The size of the register is also called word size.
2. Which type of file not allowed attaching with email?
A) .Zip file
B) .rar files
C) .doc files
D) .exe or .bin files
Correct Answer: .exe or .bin files
Explanation : .exe or .bin files type of file not allowed attaching with email.
3. To be able to boot, the computer must have a (n)
C) operating system
Correct Answer: operating system
Explanation : To be able to boot, the computer must have an operating system. an operating system a group of instructions that tells a computer on how to operate when it is turned ON. It sets up a filing system to store files and tells the computer how to display information on a video display.
4. Which is a shortcut key to insert a new worksheet in MS-Excel?
Correct Answer: Shift+F11
Explanation : Shift+F11 is a shortcut key to insert a new worksheet in MS-Excel.
5. The main job of a CPU is to
A) carry out program instructions
B) store data/information for future use
C) process data and information
D) Both A and C
Correct Answer: Both A and C
Explanation : The main job of a CPU is to carry out program instructions and process data and information.
6. Junk e-mail is also called ......
C) sniffer script
Correct Answer: spam
Explanation : Junk e-mail is also called spam or unwanted e-mail.
7. Which of the following is a correct IP address for localhost?
Correct Answer: 127.0.0.1
Explanation : IP address for localhost is 127.0.0.1
8. In spread sheet, letters are used to represent
Correct Answer: Columns
Explanation : In spread sheet, letters are used to represent Columns and numbers are used to to represent Rows.
9. How many layers are there in TCP/IP model?
Correct Answer: 4
Explanation : TCP/IP Model have 4 layers: Application, Transport, Internet and Network access layer
10. A client is software that has various graphical capabilities to access information from the Internet.
A) search engine
B) web browser
C) chat client
D) command prompt
Correct Answer: web browser
Explanation : web browser is software that has various graphical capabilities to access information from the Internet.
11. Another name for a pre-programmed formula in Excel is........
Correct Answer: function
Explanation : Another name for a pre-programmed formula in Excel is function .
12. Computers use the …… number system to store data and perform calculations.
Correct Answer: Binary
Explanation : Computers use the binary number system to store data and perform calculations.
13. What is Quick Heal?
Correct Answer: Antivirus
Explanation : Norton, McAfee, Kapersky, AVAST, Comodo, Avira and AVG are examples of Antivirus.
14. Which shortcut key is used to search for a file or a folder?
Correct Answer: F3
Explanation : F3 is used to search for a file or a folder.
15. The smallest unit of information about a record in a database is called a
Correct Answer: field
Explanation : The smallest unit of information about a record in a database is called a field.