1. A collection of unprocessed items is
Correct Answer: data
Explanation : A collection of unprocessed items is data.
2. Integrated Chips or ICs were started to be use from which generation of computers?
A) 1st Generation
B) 2nd Generation
C) 3rd Generation
D) 4th Generation
Correct Answer: 3rd Generation
Explanation : Integrated Chips or ICs were started to be use from 3rd generation of computers.
3. Which of the following is the smallest and fastest computer imitating brain working?
B) IBM chips
C) Super computer
D) Quantum computer
Correct Answer: Quantum computer
Explanation : Quantum computer is the smallest and fastest computer imitating brain working.
4. Which of the following is metal or plastic case that holds all the physical parts of the computer?
B) System unit
Correct Answer: System unit
Explanation : System unit is metal or plastic case that holds all the physical parts of the computer.
5. A template is a _________.
C) pattern of worksheet
Correct Answer: pattern of worksheet
Explanation : A template is a pattern of worksheet.
6. Communication between a computer and a keyboard involves ........ transmission.
A) half duplex
Correct Answer: simplex
Explanation : Communication between a computer and a keyboard involves simplex transmission.
7. Communication channel having ......... types.
Correct Answer: 3
Explanation : There are three type of Communication channel: Simplex, Half-duplex and Full-duplex
8. The size of the register is also called ________.
A) word group
B) word limit
C) word size
D) word block
Correct Answer: word size
Explanation : The size of the register is also called word size.
9. If ASCII Code of K is 1001011 than what code for L?
Correct Answer: 01001100
Explanation : The code (ASCII) for L is 01001100.
10. Which type of file not allowed attaching with email?
A) .Zip file
B) .rar files
C) .doc files
D) .exe or .bin files
Correct Answer: .exe or .bin files
Explanation : .exe or .bin files type of file not allowed attaching with email.
11. To be able to boot, the computer must have a (n)
C) operating system
Correct Answer: operating system
Explanation : To be able to boot, the computer must have an operating system. an operating system a group of instructions that tells a computer on how to operate when it is turned ON. It sets up a filing system to store files and tells the computer how to display information on a video display.
12. Which is a shortcut key to insert a new worksheet in MS-Excel?
Correct Answer: Shift+F11
Explanation : Shift+F11 is a shortcut key to insert a new worksheet in MS-Excel.
13. The main job of a CPU is to
A) carry out program instructions
B) store data/information for future use
C) process data and information
D) Both A and C
Correct Answer: Both A and C
Explanation : The main job of a CPU is to carry out program instructions and process data and information.
14. Junk e-mail is also called ......
C) sniffer script
Correct Answer: spam
Explanation : Junk e-mail is also called spam or unwanted e-mail.
15. Which of the following is a correct IP address for localhost?
Correct Answer: 127.0.0.1
Explanation : IP address for localhost is 127.0.0.1