1. Communication between a computer and a keyboard involves ........ transmission.
A) half duplex
Correct Answer: simplex
Explanation : Communication between a computer and a keyboard involves simplex transmission.
2. The size of the register is also called ________.
A) word group
B) word limit
C) word size
D) word block
Correct Answer: word size
Explanation : The size of the register is also called word size.
3. Which type of file not allowed attaching with email?
A) .Zip file
B) .rar files
C) .doc files
D) .exe or .bin files
Correct Answer: .exe or .bin files
Explanation : .exe or .bin files type of file not allowed attaching with email.
4. To be able to boot, the computer must have a (n)
C) operating system
Correct Answer: operating system
Explanation : To be able to boot, the computer must have an operating system. an operating system a group of instructions that tells a computer on how to operate when it is turned ON. It sets up a filing system to store files and tells the computer how to display information on a video display.
5. Junk e-mail is also called ......
C) sniffer script
Correct Answer: spam
Explanation : Junk e-mail is also called spam or unwanted e-mail.
6. Which of the following is a correct IP address for localhost?
Correct Answer: 127.0.0.1
Explanation : IP address for localhost is 127.0.0.1
7. In spread sheet, letters are used to represent
Correct Answer: Columns
Explanation : In spread sheet, letters are used to represent Columns and numbers are used to to represent Rows.
8. How many layers are there in TCP/IP model?
Correct Answer: 4
Explanation : TCP/IP Model have 4 layers: Application, Transport, Internet and Network access layer
9. Another name for a pre-programmed formula in Excel is........
Correct Answer: function
Explanation : Another name for a pre-programmed formula in Excel is function .
10. Computers use the …… number system to store data and perform calculations.
Correct Answer: Binary
Explanation : Computers use the binary number system to store data and perform calculations.
11. What is Quick Heal?
Correct Answer: Antivirus
Explanation : Norton, McAfee, Kapersky, AVAST, Comodo, Avira and AVG are examples of Antivirus.
12. Who is the founder of facebook which is currently the No. 1 social networking Website in India?
A) Bill Gates
B) Martin Cooper
C) Mark Zuckerberg
Correct Answer: Mark Zuckerberg
13. Internal command in Dos are?
A) Cls, rd label
B) Dir, ren, sys
C) Time, type, dir
D) Del, disk copy, label
Correct Answer: Time, type, dir
14. ____ change of computer stored message by telecommunication ?
D) All of the above
Correct Answer: E-mail
15. GUI stands for?
A) Graphical User Interface
B) Greater User Interface
C) Graphical Union Interface
D) Graphical User Interest
Correct Answer: Graphical User Interface